Thursday 25 November 2010

Pac-Man's 30th birthday party

Owning a classic arcade machine has always been a dream of mine. You can cheat and stick a PC running MAME inside a cabinet, but I'd rather be authentic. Sadly, actual classic arcade cabinets are expensive, cumbersome and prone to breaking down. Thank god for Namco and their determination to celebrate Pac-Man's 30th anniversary in style. Back in July I posted about Pac-Man Battle Royale, which looks great, but I'm far more excited about this, Pac-Man's Arcade Party, because it's much more than a Pac-Man game. Namco have put together 13 (count 'em) of their best old games into one new machine. So if you have about £2000 spare, you can get in a single machine, the following Namco greats:

  • Pac-Man
  • Ms Pac-Man
  • Pac-Mania
  • Galaxian
  • Galaga
  • Galaga 88
  • Dig Dug
  • Rally-X
  • Mappy
  • Xevious
  • Rolling Thunder
  • Dragon Spirit
  • Bosconian
That's better than the Namco Plug & Play TV Game I have. 


Anyway, here's a little video by those candy men of arcade games, BMI Gaming:



It's just a month to Christmas. What's the chances I can persuade the wife to buy me one?

She says I have two hopes: Bob Hope and no hope. Oh well.

MTW

2 comments: