Friday 19 November 2010

50 Greatest Arcade Cabinets

Whilst idly browsing the internet tonight, I came across this article on I-Mockery from a couple of years ago. Every fan site likes to do compilation of their favourite things, but I-Mockery takes that to an impressive level with their compendium of the 50 greatest arcade cabinets of all time.

The article includes photos of all 50 machines, which although small, do give you a sneak peak of the wonderful designs of both the side art and the mechanical aspects of the machines.

While I think there are a few glaring omissions (no Space Harrier or G-Loc 360) and I'm not sure about number 1, it is a great reminder of what made arcade machines so special. They weren't just games, we had games on our Commodore 64s and Sega Master Systems, they were tailor-made, mechanical works of art.

Check out the full article here: http://www.i-mockery.com/minimocks/50arcadecabinets

MTW

No comments:

Post a Comment