Wednesday 1 January 2014

MMXIV

Happy New Year, arcade fans. This is a pre-programmed post, as it's my daughter's birthday today. Happy birthay, Chick Pea!

2013 was a great year for this blog. My Twitter follower count shot up, thanks to some careful use of hash tags, my Worth a Look feature allowed me to talk about lots of modern games with retro vibes and I managed to tell you all about 120 of my favourite arcade games, thanks to my Top 10 feature.

So what have I got planned for 2014? Not much, I'm afraid to say. This year is shaping up to be crazy at work, plus I'm in the middle of a major personal project which sadly has to take precedence over blogging about old arcade games. I will still be putting up posts, just nothing routine (not even Classics of the Month, although I my do one for the road). But the great thing about writing a retro blog is I rarely have to worry about specific dates and deadlines.

So I hope you all have a great year and if you got an Xbox One or a PS4 for Christmas, take a moment to find something retro to play and don't forget how important those early games still are today.

Bye for now

MTW

No comments:

Post a Comment