Tuesday 2 July 2013

Nostalgia Trip - My Arcade Garage

We've all dreamt about it, but Penny Arcade's Mike "Gabe" Krahulik has only gone and done it, he's built his own arcade garage. He turned this:


into this:


He apparently has room for seven machines and he's chosen:
  • Pac Man
  • Dig Dug
  • Donkey Kong
  • Super Mario Bros
  • Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
  • Gauntlet Dark Legacy
  • A Neo Geo
You can read about his journey here:


It's a fascinating read and he's clearly put a lot of effort into the project. It got me thinking, if I had the time, space and money to build my own garage arcade, what seven cabinets would I put in there. This is my list:
  • R-Type
  • Space Harrier
  • Golden Axe
  • The Machine: Bride of Pin*Bot (although a new machine from Stern or Jersey Jack would probably be more reliable)
  • Super Street Fighter IV
  • Tron
  • Pac-Man Arcade Party (which contains all the Pac-Mans, Xevious, Galaga, Dig Dug and a bunch of others).
(A Geo Geo would be my number 8 if it was a top 10, but these are Gabe's rules, not mine.) So come on, what seven would you guys choose?


No comments:

Post a Comment