Tuesday 10 April 2012

The devil is in the details


As with any social networking site, Twitter requires a profile picture. So, for my new Arcade Throwback account I decided to use a classic arcade joystick (in the site colours). I edited a picture of a red ball-style stick, making the shaft longer and the ball green and voila, one profile picture. Trouble is, I can be a stickler for detail, so I wasn't happy that the image was not present on the blog itself. Therefore, I've updated the blog logo with the stick and

Original image (right); joystick cut out (middle); finished logo, recoloured and stretched (right)
I've also fixed the fuzzy stars on the 'T' I took from Track & Field. I've also made a favicon (the little pic you get on the browser tab) with my new motif. I think it looks pretty good, especially since I am no artist.

MTW

No comments:

Post a Comment